Web copy for Karu Atelier
Karu Atelier is a fashion brand built around leather, environmental awareness and a distinctively clean aesthetic. All its items are made-to-order and the power duo at the helm purposely carries out the whole manufacturing process in-house, with great care and attention to detail.
What started off as a simple request of creating the website copy turned into so much more:
- a complete redesign of the customer experience on the website, including several structural and functional elements;
- increasing accessibility and ease of unique features such as envisioning your own bespoke leather item;
- weaving the story and ethos of the brand into the landing page, the sustainability page and the bespoke page;
- a well-defined and distinct tone of voice that matches the brand’s style (Nordic aesthetic x Dutch practicality);
- positioning both partners as equal and complementary in the business;
- recommendations to further test hypotheses and tailor the website for target customers, as web traffic increases.
I cannot recommend Laura highly enough! She perfectly captured the essence of Karu Atelier’s brand and conveyed the quality and craftsmanship of our products. She is amazingly talented at creating content that evokes the right emotions in the reader and that reflects the exact brand and values. She took the time to truly understand our brand and our target audience, conducting thorough market and competitor research. This resulted in copy that felt authentic and true to our values. I’m especially happy with her idea for the web page of our bespoke orders: a clear and creative submission form which lowers the threshold for submitting a request. It has already resulted in more leads, just 2 weeks later! Right now, www.karuatelier.com showcases our values and products in the best possible light and helps us to connect with customers who appreciate the quality and artistry of handmade, luxury leather accessories. Thank you Laura!
Daniela Backman, co-founder and brand director @ Karu Atelier